- What would you like me to call you? Mum, Dad, christen names, or something else?
- What are family members birthdays?
- What are my daily responsibilities while living in your home:
- Make my bed?
- Keep my room neat and clean?
- Clean the bathroom after I use it?
- Laundering clothes:
- Where do I keep dirty clothes until they are to be washed?
- Can I use the washing machine at any time?
- Can I use the iron at any time to iron my clothes?
- Where can I keep my bathroom accessories? (Toiletries)
- When is the most convenient time for me to use the shower?
- Is there anything special about using the bathroom I should know?
- May I use the family’s toiletries (i.e. Shampoo and toothpaste) or should I buy my own?
- When are mealtimes?
- Do I have responsibilities at meal times, such as to set or clear the table, wash or dry the dishes, dispose of the garbage?
- May I help myself to food and drinks (non-alcoholic) at any time or should I ask first?
- What do I do about school lunch? Do I make lunch or buy lunch?
- What areas of the house are strictly private, for example, your study, parent’s bedroom?
- What time must I get up weekday/weekends mornings?
- May I rearrange the furniture in my bedroom?
- May I put posters or pictures on the wall of my room? If yes, how do you want things attached to the walls?
- Where can I store my suitcase?
- May I use the stereo, computer or TV?
- What time must I go to bed weekdays? Weekends?
- What are the rules for going out at night?
- What time must I be at home on school nights if I go out?
- What time must I be home on weekends if I go out?
- May I have friends stay overnight? Visit during the day?
- When no one is home?
- What is the rule on entertaining friends in my room?
What is your telephone number? How do I contact you in an emergency when I am not here?
What are the rules about using the telephone? Local, Long distance, International?
How and when may I pay for calls I make? How do you want me to keep track of my expenses for telephone calls?
Are there times of the day when calls are not accepted?
What are the rules about access to the Internet and e-mail if there is a computer in the house?
Are there time limits or time periods that internet use is permitted or prohibited?
Do you have Skype? What are the rules for using Skype?
What is the process for sending mail and receiving mail? What address do I use for incoming mail?
Do you have any special dislikes? For example: chewing gum, using mobile phone at meal times, loud music?
Do my host brother/sister have any dislikes?
What are the transportation arrangements? (Walking, bus, bicycle, being driven).
Are there times or places it is unsafe for me to walk unescorted?
What are the rules about attending religious services?
For smokers. Where do I smoke?
If I have a problem with a family member that is bothering me, how do you want me to handle it?
Is there anything else I can do around the house to be of help? (I.e. yard work)
How do I get to Rotary meetings?
When we go out as a family, should I pay for my own entrance fees, meals etc.?
Is there anything else we should discuss?