The actual costs of exchange will vary depending on the country of exchange and the student’s personal budget. All students accepted for exchange will pay the outbound student fee of $9,000. Payment due dates and administration fee to be advised.
The fee inclusions are outlined below. Inclusions are subject to change as required.
Inclusions prior to exchange:
- Non Refundable Administration Cost of $500.00
- Interview camp for prospective outbound students (weekend). Attendance is compulsory.
- District Roundabout Tour held in September school holidays (7 days). Attendance is compulsory.
- Outbound student training camp in December. Attendance is compulsory.
- Prepaid Return Airline ticket (valid for 12 months)
- Australian Government Airport Departure Tax
- Visas (Note some countries require students to attend the embassy for an interview and notarization of forms. This costs are additional to the outbound fee).
- Rotary Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance
- Rotary Youth Exchange Uniform
- Name Badge
- Student resources
- YEP Backpack
- Souvenir Pack and Pins
Inclusions during exchange:
- Students are supported by their Rotary club counselors (inbound and outbound); their District 9630 Country Coordinator and the District Chair.
Inclusions upon return to Australia:
- Debrief camp (weekend in February). Attendance is compulsory.
- Graduation Dinner attendance for student and parents. Attendance is compulsory.
- District Conference weekend (March). Registration fee for conference and conference dinner is included as well as all other meals and accommodation. Attendance is optional.
- Invitation to assist at the interview camp for prospective outbound students.
- Invitation to assist at the outbound student training camp.
Additional expenses for parents and student to pay:
- Internal travel in overseas country, including any Rotary organised tours.
- Day to day living expenses e.g. postage, mobile phones, clothing, footwear, etc.
- The cost of attending language school if necessary.
- A small emergency fund equivalent to $500.00 redeemable at the conclusion of the exchange, if unused. This is a mandatory requirement of Rotary International).
The host Rotary Club provides:
- Board and lodging with host families.
- Schooling expenses.
- Monthly allowance of the equivalent of approximately $120.00 per month.
- The host club also covers the cost of attending Host District Seminars and Host District Conference.
The sponsor Rotary Club provides:
- A Club Counselor to assist the student before and during their exchange.
Cancellation Policy – Terra Australis:
Cancellation Policy if a student withdraws from the program close to departure.
- 90 days or more from Departure Date $500.00 deposit retained
- 60 – 90 days from Departure Date $1,000.00
- 30 – 59 days from Departure Date $1,500.00
- 29 or less days from Departure Date $2,500.00