Actual costs will vary depending on the country of exchange and the student’s personal budget.
For a 2012 outbound student a PARTICIPATION FEE of $7,975.00* (Inc GST) is applicable (this includes a Fuel Levy of $750.00). Of this amount, a deposit of $4,000.00 is payable with the return of your application or at the time of the District Interviews, being held on the 28th and 29th of May 2012. The balance of $3,975.00* is payable by the 31st of August 2012.
* This is a preliminary budgeted figure. Any variation to this figure will be advised ASAP.
The participation fee includes:
- Non Refundable Administration Cost of $500.00
- District Interview costs.
- First Orientation Weekend Camp – 16, 17 & 18 September (Please do not plan a School Ski Trip commencing this weekend).
- Prepaid Return Airline ticket (valid for 12 months).
- Australian Government Airport Departure Tax
- All Visa costs. (except France & USA – Embassy Interviews in Sydney)
- Rotary Overseas Travel and Medical Insurance. ($750.00)
- Second Orientation Briefing Session (3rd December).
- District Roundabout Tour for seven days $750.00 (starts at the end of the second orientation session – 3rd December until 10th December).
- Rotary Youth Exchange Uniform.
- Name Badge.
- Photo Business Cards
- Handbook – Students Manual
- Travel Bag / Backpack
- Souvenir Pack and Pins
- District Maps
A Fuel Levy will be applicable – if less than or greater than the $750.00 mentioned above – a refund or an additional Invoice will be issued – we will know this in December or January.
During the year overseas:
- Three copies of the Outbound Students “Boomer” Magazine – (via email and parents receive hard copy).
- Support from the District Committee and District Governors Leadership Team
On return to Australia:
- Attendance at the Rebound Debriefing Session – usually early February.
- Attendance for the student and parents at a Graduation Dinner (held after the debriefing session)
- Invitation to the District Conference:
- March: Registration fee and District Governors dinner, is included.
- Friday Dinner & Saturday Lunch is included
- Accommodation is not included.
- Invitation to assist at the District Outbound Student interviews (May).
- Invitation to Outbound Orientation (September week-end).
- Invitation to Outbound final briefing session (December).
Student and Family also need to provide funds for:
- Internal travel in overseas country, including any Rotary organised tours
- Day to day living expenses, postage, phone calls, facsimile, E-mail, clothing, footwear, etc
- The cost of attending language school if necessary
- A small emergency fund equivalent to $500.00 (redeemable at the conclusion of the exchange, if unused – Mandatory by RI)
The host Rotary Club provides:
- Board and lodging with host families,
- Schooling expenses,
- Monthly allowance of the equivalent of approximately $120.00 per month.
- The host club also covers the cost of attending Host District Seminars and Host District Conference.
The sponsor Rotary Club provides:
- Some clubs help with a contribution towards the cost of the student blazer or other items the club feels they can afford.
- A Trained Club Counsellor to assist the student before and during their exchange.
Cancellation Policy – Terra Australis:
Cancellation Policy if a student withdraws from the programme close to departure.
- 90 days or more from Departure Date $500.00 deposit retained
- 60 – 90 days from Departure Date $1,000.00
- 30 – 59 days from Departure Date $1,500.00
- 29 or less days from Departure Date $2,500.00